Meeting Room Policies
It is the policy of Oconee Regional Library to provide meeting rooms for public use. The following policy applies to the Laurens County Library meeting rooms:
- The Library's meeting rooms are primarily for library purposes and are intended for use by groups meeting for educational, civic, or cultural purposes only, consistent with the operational purposes of the Library. The meeting rooms are available for public use during library hours without a charge.
- Meetings can be booked during weekday business hours up to 45 days ahead. The library reserves the right to change a gorup's meeting to another room if library use of the room is unexpectedly required.
- Groups are responsible for setting up the room's tables and chairs and returning the room to its original arrangement (auditorium style for the Vinson Auditorium and boardroom style for the Johnston Room). Library staff are able to render only limited support.
- Groups must leave the meeting room fifteen minutes before library closing time and the parking lots by 30 minutes after closing time. Groups are asked to park at the rear of the parking lots.
- The rooms must be reserved by individuals at least 18 years of age. Extra cleaning, damage, repair or other room abuse will be charged to the individual. Patrons and groups may lose library privileges for improper room/equipment use or library behavior. Smoking is not allowed.
- The library has the following equipment available for loan to groups meeting in the library, if they are not in use by the library: TV, VCR, DVD player, Infocus projector, overhead projector, slide projector, and easels. An additional agreement must be signed for use of the InFocus projector. Charts and other signage may not be taped on walls or doors of meeting rooms. Items left in the library will be discarded by the Library when cleaning if prior arrangements have not been approved.
- The Library does not loan equipment out of the building.
- Any exceptions to this policy will be at the discretion of the Laurens County Library director or their designee.
Carl Vinson Meeting Room and Kitchen
- Limit of 100 auditorium style seating.
- Limit of 120 children seated on floor.
- Nine tables available.
- Nonalcoholic beverages and light refreshments allowed.
- Room and kitchen clean-up is the responsibility of the individual signing the agreement.
Donald & Anne Johnston Conference Room
- Limit of 10 individuals.
- No food or drinks allowed.