Reserving a Meeting Room
The Laurens County Library has two meeting rooms available for reservations: the Carl Vinson Auditorium and the Donald C. & Anne A. Johnston Conference Room. If you are interested in reserving a meeting room, please contact us about your meeting using the form below. Before you request a room, please make sure you have read our meeting room policy, located below the form.
Carl Vinson Auditorium
The auditorium is the larger of the two meeting rooms. It can seat a maximum of 100 adults in row-seating or a maximum of 120 children seated on the floor. A large projection screen, television, and VCR are available for presentations. An adjacent kitchen allows groups meeting in the room to serve light refreshments, but no smoking or alcoholic beverages, please. The auditorium also houses the library’s Baldwin piano, making the room ideal for recitals as well as meetings. Cleanup of the room and kitchen are the responsibility of the groups reserving the space. The auditorium is named for Carl Vinson (1883-1981), who served Georgia from 1914 to 1965 in the House of Representatives. In Congress, he chaired both the Committee on Naval Affairs and the Committee on Armed Services.
The Johnston Room provides roundtable seating for no more than 10. It provides a suitable atmosphere for small groups, such as writing circles, study groups, etc. Easels, a television, and VCR are available for visual presentations. No food or drinks are allowed in the Johnston Room. Furniture is in a conference arrangement and should not be rearranged.
Meeting Request Form
Before you submit a request for a meeting room, please make sure you understand and agree to our policies, outlined below. Please allow up to five business days to process your request.
Meeting Rooms and Equipment Loan Policy
It is the policy of Oconee Regional Library to provide meeting rooms for public use. The following policy applies to the Laurens County Library meeting rooms:
- The Library’s meeting rooms are primarily for library purposes and are intended for use by groups meeting for educational, civic, or cultural purposes only, consistent with the operational purposes of the Library. The meeting rooms are available for public use during library hours without a charge.
- Meetings can be booked during weekday business hours up to 45 days ahead. The library reserves the right to change a group’s meeting to another room if library use of the room is unexpectedly required.
- Groups are responsible for setting up the room’s tables and chairs and returning the room to its original arrangement (auditorium style for the Vinson Auditorium and boardroom style for the Johnston Room). Library staff are able to render only limited support.
- Groups must leave the meeting room fifteen minutes before library closing time and the parking lots by 30 minutes after closing time. Groups are asked to park at the rear of the parking lots.
- The rooms must be reserved by individuals at least 18 years of age. Extra cleaning, damage, repair, or other room abuse will be charged to the individual. Patrons and groups may lose library privileges for improper room/equipment use or library behavior. Smoking is not allowed.
- The Library has the following equipment available for loan to groups meeting in the library, if they are not in use by the library: TV, VCR, DVD player, InFocus projector, and easels. An additional agreement must be signed for use of the InFocus projector. Charts and other signage may not be taped on walls or doors of meeting rooms. Items left in the library will be discarded by the library when cleaning if prior arrangements have not been approved.
- The Library does not loan equipment out of the building.
- Any exceptions to this policy will be at the discretion of the Laurens County Library director or their designee.